The Board of Directors of FMDQ Group, comprising credible financial markets experienced professionals, is responsible for formulating vital strategies to ensure the longevity of the Group and its markets.
- Dr. Kingsley ObioraGroup ChairmanDr. Obiora is the Deputy Governor, Economic Policy Directorate, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). He is also the Chairman of the Africa Finance Corporation.
Prior to his appointment at the CBN, he served as an Alternate Executive Director at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in Washington D.C., United States of America, where he was responsible for conducting the daily operations of the IMF and also assisted to represent the interests of twenty-three (23) African countries including Nigeria. He also worked at the West African Monetary Institute and the Centre for Econometric and Allied Research at the University of Ibadan.
He was also Special Adviser on Economic Matters to the Governor of the CBN, as well as Technical Adviser to Nigeria’s National Economic Management Team.
He represents the CBN on the Board of FMDQ Group.
- Mr. Jibril AkuGroup Vice-ChairmanMr. Aku is the Chairman of the Board of Directors of SunTrust Bank Nigeria Limited. He was formerly Group Head Strategy of Ecobank Transnational Incorporated and prior to that engagement, the Managing Director/CEO of Ecobank Nigeria Limited, Executive Director of Afribank PLC (now Skye Bank PLC) and Treasurer of Citibank Nigeria Limited.
He is also Chairman of FMDQ NIBOR Committee and the erstwhile President of the Money Market Association of Nigeria (now Financial Markets Dealers Association of Nigeria (FMDA)).
He is a member of and represents the FMDA Board of Trustees on the Board of FMDQ Group.
- Mr. Kennedy UzokaNon-Executive DirectorMr. Uzoka is the Group Managing Director/CEO of United Bank of Africa (UBA) PLC.
Prior to this appointment, he served as the CEO of UBA Africa, managing the Group’s country subsidiaries across eighteen (18) countries in Africa, as well as supervising key strategic support areas in Digital Banking, Information Technology and Personal Banking.
He represents Systematically Important Banks on the Board of FMDQ Group.
- Mr. Ebenezer OnyeagwuNon-Executive DirectorMr. Onyeagwu is the Group Managing Director/CEO of Zenith Bank PLC.
He has served Zenith Bank PLC in various capacities; as Executive Director in charge of Lagos and South-South Zones, and was responsible for strategic groups/business units of the bank, including Financial Control & Strategic Planning, Treasury and Correspondent Groups, Human Resources Group, Oil and Gas Group, and Credit Risk Management Group.
He represents Systemically Important Banks on the Board of FMDQ Group.
- Ms. Daisy EkinehNon-Executive DirectorMs. Ekineh is the Technical Advisor to the Capital Market Master Plan Implementation Council. She was a one-time Chair of the African & Middle East Regional Committee of the International Organisation of Securities Commissions.
She previously served as the Chief Operating Officer of Global Mandate Consulting Limited, former Acting Director-General of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Nigeria, as well as Executive Commissioner (Operations), and Director, Securities, and Investment Services at the Commission.
She serves as an Independent Non-Executive Director and was appointed to the Board of FMDQ Group pursuant to the Company’s Articles. She is also the Chairman of FMDQ Depository Limited.
- Mr. Emeka Onwuka, OONNon-Executive DirectorMr. Onwuka is the Partner and Head of Private Clients & Family Wealth Practice at Andersen Tax in Nigeria, an independent tax firm with a worldwide presence through the member firms and collaborating firms of Andersen Global. He sits on the Boards of Ecobank Nigeria Limited and Airtel Networks Limited (Bharti Airtel).
Prior to this, he served as Group Managing Director, Diamond Bank PLC, and Chairman, Enterprise Bank Limited, among others. He was previously on the inaugural Board of the erstwhile FMDQ OTC PLC from 2012 to 2014.
He serves as an Independent Non-Executive Director on the Board of FMDQ Group. He is also the Chairman, FMDQ Securities Exchange Limited.
- Mr. Sadiq MohammedNon-Executive DirectorMr. Mohammed is the Deputy Group Chief Executive Officer of the Asset & Resource Management (ARM) Group and has been in that role from 2015 till date. In that role he is responsible for the strategic direction of the Group’s business, as well as for other businesses within the ARM Group.
He sits on the Board of SunTrust Bank Nigeria Limited. He was previously on the Board of the erstwhile FMDQ OTC PLC from 2014 to 2016.
He serves as an Independent Non-Executive Director on the Board of FMDQ Group. He is also the Chairman, FMDQ Clear Limited.
- Mr. Bola Onadele. KokoChief Executive OfficerMr. Onadele is the Chief Executive Officer of FMDQ Group. He serves as a Non-Executive Director on the Boards of FMDQ Securities Exchange Limited, FMDQ Clear Limited, and FMDQ Depository Limited, as well as, Chairman of FMDQ Private Markets Limited and iQx Consult Limited.
Prior to this engagement, he was the President of FDHL, a financial markets and risk management consulting firm he founded in 2001, where he provided business leadership in the empowerment of the Nigerian financial markets.
His career spans across Citibank Nigeria (Chief Dealer), FCMB Limited (Treasurer), Trust Bank of Africa (Merchant Bankers) (Managing Director/CEO) and Leadbank PLC (Chief Operations Officer). He is a member of the Board of Trustees of FMDA.